Feel rewarded and uesd by Christ as you serve hurting individuals and families as they seek to develop basic life skills to work their way out of difficult situations.
Need and Opportunity
Mentor others in the way of basic life skills:
- Job development - Help clients look for a job, assist with resume writing, formulating answers to interview questions
- Parenting - what are parental responsibilities, how to discipline, feed and care for a baby, teach a child moral responsibilities, spiritual commands for husband and wives
- Budgeting - make a budget, how to keep a checking and savings account, how to pay off debt, plan for retirement
- Meal planning and prep - meals on a budget, how to follow a recipe, how to stretch a meal, how to prepare meals ahead of time for the freezer, crockpot cooking
- Tutor - after school help for children struggling in certain classes, help teens study for HiSet, entrance exams to college
Who is served
The HOPE team has been serving as an emergency food and supportive service since 2004 in our local tri-county community to all ages, seasons of life and individual needs. Many just need a buddy or cheerleader to remind them of who they need to be seeking first above all of the other issues of life that are clamoring for their attention.
Be optimistic/faith in God
Apply Scripture that helps you
Flexible around your schedule
Compassionate and servant heart
Ongoing and weekly duties depending on the need of the families you're working with or the class you're leading.
Volunteers can decide if they want to serve in an ongoing or onetime capacity