Solid Rock Academy started in 2020 with a small class of 5 kindergarteners. This year we are only able to expand the kindergarten class in enrollment with the hope of starting a first grade next year. With the start of the 2022-2023 school year, we also hope to begin the accreditation process with NACS. A school must be in session two years before applying.
It is the vision of the pastor to begin a new and bolder adventure in Christian education. As we begin this endeavor, I would like to first look at why we should have Christian schools. Why should a church be involved in educating their students? This question is a lot easier than you might think. From the first part of Israel’s history, God told the people to teach their children all I have commanded you (Deuteronomy 6). No matter if you are standing, sitting or lying down you were to be learning all about God. It is the parent’s responsibility to give their child the best education, and yes, that education is to have God in every part. We find out what happens when we do not listen to God in the last chapter of Judges. The people forget God and they do what is right in their own eyes. Provers gives hope when it shares a message of a wise father teaching his son the need for wisdom. In the New Testament, Paul takes it to the next level. In First Corinthians it tells the fathers how to teach their sons, but in Romans 1, he tells the Christians that there will be a time where the people will no longer accept God, and in response, God will give them over to their perverse mind. What is wrong becomes right. Education and the church have always had a tight bond. This long standing arrangement was to help the church come alongside the parents and help them teach all that the child needs to know. It is easy to see the need in today’s schools why we need to have a distinctive Christian education, and with only a few options in west Saint Charles county we will try to provide a Bible based education that teaches through the lens of a Biblical worldview.
Our academy will be distinctively Christian in all of its teaching. In light of our beliefs, history of education in the church, and a vision before us, we still have much need for prayer. I am listing for you just a small amount of requests concerning this year’s decisions. I have kept the list to 31, so through the month you have a specific prayer for Solid Rock Academy.
1. Pray for the correct time to begin a first grade class
2. Pray for teachers that will teach from a biblical worldview.
3. Pray for accreditation procedures and using the correct agency
4. Pray for the accreditation process to begin this time next year
5. Pray for classrooms and the current Sunday school classes that will have to share space.
6. Pray for Christian families to want to join us here to serve God
7. Pray for pastor and his vision as we move forward
8. Pray for current and potential families to be served
9. Pray for the administration and school advisory board being set up
10. Pray for the curriculum development team
11. Pray for the safety and protocol team
12. Pray for our Leadership Team that will be the general overseers of all ministry
13. Pray for the additional clerical/nurse help soon to be needed.
14. Pray God is glorified in all our plans
15. Pray for the finances that it will take to start the school
16. Pray for discernment on setting up teacher handbooks/policies
17. Pray for setting up our student handbooks/policies
18. Pray that we begin with a clear mission and vision statement
19. Pray that we set up the best philosophy of education
20. Pray for Dr. Sonny Sherrill and the NACS leadership that is helping us
21. Pray for a building that can help both the church and school grow
22. Pray for specialty teachers (music, physical education, art, computers, and librarian)
23. Pray for a library that can be used
24. Pray for service and outreach events
25. Pray that those in the school not saved yet to hear the message
26. Pray for new equipment and aids in learning
27. Pray for our guest chapel speakers
28. Pray for a new area for indoor recess
29. Pray we use the available space well for outside recess
30. Pray for the advertising to reach the families it needs to reach
31. Pray our focus is always on Christ.